Friday, March 20, 2015

Dirt Cups "Cooking" Activity

I am trying something new at work where each Friday we do a "cooking" activity. I think my kids are picking up on the patter too because as soon as I started siting things down in the classroom my kids sat at the table.  This weeks cooking activity was dirt cups.
So what do you need?
5oz Dixie cups- one for each child
packages of chocolate pudding mix- I used 3 small packages and it wasn't enough for 17 kids
Oreos-  I used a whole pack to make 17 dirt cups
Gummy Worms
Milk
Plastic baggies

Directions-
Make the pudding mix according to the package directions. Give each child a plastic bag with two Oreos in it.  Have the children smash the Oreos.  Let the children spoon some pudding mixture into a Dixie cup.  Then have children pour their crushed Oreos on top.  Then have the children pick out one or two gummy worms to place on top.  Set the cups in the refrigerator for at least 5 mins before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment