Tuesday, March 17, 2015

This Weeks Theme: Spring!

This week in my classroom we are talking about spring since Friday is the first day of spring.  I started out the week by telling the kids that we were going from  the winter season to spring season.  I taught them this song sung to the tune of London bridges:
Spring and Summer, Fall and Winter
Fall and Winter
Fall and Winter
Spring and Summer, Fall and Winter
The Four Seasons.

Activity Number One for the Week:
SAVE THE BABY BIRDS:

The birds used in this activity were made by hot gluing two pompom balls together then gluing wiggly eyes and a small felt triangle on the top pom pom.  The nest were made by rolling the sides of a paper bag down.  Each nest has a different colored number in it. The colors match the color and number of birds that go in the nest.  To start out the activity I talked to the kids about how birds build there nest and start having babies in the spring.  I show the children each empty nest and ask them what color the number is in each nest. I then give them each a few birds. I tell the children that the baby birds accidently fell out of there nest and they need our help getting back in to the right nest.  I explain that the birds go in the nest that has the same color as the bird.  The children use the tweezers to pick up the birds and place them in the nest.  'After all of the birds have been sorted I have the children count the birds and we talk about the number that is in the nest and how it corresponds to the number of birds that live in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment